KEEPNETS IN MATCHES ONLY
NOBODY is to enter the pools before or after the fishery opening time of 7.30am and 7.30pm summer hours, and 8 – dusk winter hours. Afternoon matches by special arrangement. This is because of the electric fences in operation outside of the opening hours listed to control vermin. Anybody found doing so will be asked to leave promptly, and is not the responsibility of the fishery.
All anglers to put the nets they have used back in the net boxes.
No taking ANY nets, stink bags, or weigh bags on to or around the pools, FISHERY NETS AND WEIGHING EQUIPMENT ONLY.
No turning aerators off! They are on for good reason.
NO defacing or altering the electric fences.
Please close fence gates behind you (this does not apply to the fishery gate)
Persons and belongings are on site at your risk, the fishery takes no responsibility for damage to people or theft/damage of their belongings
- Please don’t throw unused bait into the pools or up the bank, use the bins, this includes bread.
- All visitors must visit the house/cafe, to pay their peg fee.
- Fishery Keep Nets and landing nets only (club organizers are held responsible for theft or damage of fishery nets. Please treat them as you would want someone to if they used yours!)
- NO STINK BAGS ON SITE
- Barbless hooks, maximum size = 12
- No Braid
- FEEDER/BOMB RULES. ALLOWED,Guru x safe, normal line stops above the bomb/feeder, quick change beads that easily release. NOT ALLOWED, Standard elasticated feeders/bombs, super tight line stops or shot above the feeder/bomb, wedging anything tightly into the feeder/bomb to permanently fix it, if in doubt ask the management.
- No Floating Baits
- Pole rigs must have a float
- 50lb net limit, 50lb-60lb is counted as 50lb, 60lb 1oz or more and that net does not count.
- There are 3 nets per angler, extra nets must be taken as and when needed.
- For numerous reasons keepnets are no longer allowed for pleasure fishing and are for matches only. If you want a knock up of 6 pegs or more then you may use keepnets(fishery nets only)
- No handling fish in rags or towels
- No litter (please use bins provided!)
- No fishing any further than half way to the next angler(no fishing over ropes)
- No potting in while fishing with another rod or pole
- CHECK ALL NETS FOR FISH STUCK IN THEM WHEN WEIGHING IN! If you have been weighed in the scales will not return to weigh a fish found once they have left your peg (there are a lot of the small fish getting stuck in the nets)
Permitted feed baits are :
- Fishery Feed Pellets Only
- Maximum of 5 pints of maggots, casters or both combined
- Worms Maximum 1kg clean
Any other feed baits are not allowed, but you can use anything on the hook.
No ground bait in ANY quantity to be put be put on your feed baits (this does not apply to flavorings such as krill for example, in moderation)
As from Monday 9 June 2016, you can make your paste from ground bait, or powdered mixes (but no form of meat paste). However you cannot feed paste any longer as this would be classed as feeding ground bait which is not allowed. Please do not abuse this rule change as it has been made to benefit the angler, by abuse i mean purposely striking paste off to feed the swim. We will monitor this rule change, but be warned if it is abused then paste will not be allowed full stop, so its down to you as the angler to stick to it.
* Anybody breaking the rules will not be weighed in, bait checks will be undertaken randomly and no exceptions will be made.
There will be no arguing after, the rules are clear and here to read.